Friday, June 28, 2013

Hot Tamale - Diet Log 19 and 20

Tonight I tried making Chile Relleno Casserole: (not the best quality picture but I tried)



Two 10 oz. cans whole green chiles, drained
8 oz. shredded pepper-jack cheese
3 eggs
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 t. salt
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese

Grease an 8x8" baking pan. Slice each chile along one long side and open flat. Arrange half of the chiles in the bottom of the baking pan, skin side down, in a single layer. Top with the pepper-jack cheese. Arrange the remaining chiles over the cheese, skin side up. Beat the eggs, cream and salt well. Pour evenly over the chiles. Top with the cheddar cheese. Bake at 350º for 50 minutes, until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.

3 net carbs per serving


It was absolutely delicious!!!!!  I'd definitely make this again!!!!!

Tomorrow is 3 weeks - and not once have I gone astray.  I cannot say it has been easy, it's rough.  But, with determination and will power I've succeeded to walk away from temptation.  My drive to fit back into my jeans I have up in the closet waiting on me - is a lot stronger than eating a slice of pizza.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.