Monday, July 1, 2013

Happy Monday – Diet Log #21 and 22

Just a Proud Mama Moment:  My son made the Dean's List!!!!!

Happy Monday – Diet Log #21 and 22

I’ve met the 3 Week Detox Challenge, and now onto finishing The 90 Day Challenge of Low Carbing… It is not a bed of roses, but instead a bed of prickly pears.  I’m not going to lie – it’s NOT easy, but it is DOABLE if you want to lose weight and have had no luck counting calories.  I see people go on Weight Watchers and count intake and calories – but they have sugar and they lose weight.  My friends who have, they are overeaters – they eat more than I ever do… so lessening the amount they eat, exercise and healthier choices for them works.  Not for me, I need exercise and NO CARBS. 

These first 3 weeks, I’ve found my sleeping pattern being erratic, bloating if I didn’t drink enough water, irritable and irrational behavior regarding food, small irritants blowing up in my head as giant mountains of Wrong Doings, paranoia, depression… Sounds like someone who has a serious mental condition!  Instead, it was just coming off my one and only drug of choice, Carbohydrates. 

22 pounds lost in 67 days… of course, I did not start the Low Carbing until 22 days ago.  But, I’ve lost an average of .3 lbs a day.  That is almost 2.5 lbs a week, which looks like 10 sticks of butter.

When I am sad, stressed out, or just being miserable for whatever reason, I turn to a huge bowl of Pasta!  Hot bread and butter – Oh My!  Popcorn – yummy…. Crackers and Cheese… and a Bagel with Cream Cheese and Smoked Salmon… divine…. No more… I can get a sweet tooth but it is rare and controllable.  I’m a salty starchy kind of addict.

Last Night’s dinner was an incredible hit!!!!

Chicken Roll Ups Florentine

8 oz. container of Philadelphia Whipped Cream Cheese
1 egg
¼ c of Heavy Cream
8 oz. Shredded Pepper Jack
10 oz bag of thawed frozen chopped spinach (pressed/drained as much water as possible off the spinach)
¼ c of Parmesan cheese
4 crushed garlic cloves
Ground Pepper and Sea Salt for taste
4 chicken (skinless/boneless) breasts

Blend (well) all the above ingredients in a big mixing bowl and set aside.
Pound the chicken breasts till ¼ inch thick where you can roll them easily.
Season up your chicken breasts with whatever seasonings you prefer:  I used Italian Blend.
Spread generous amounts of your spinach filling on the chicken, roll the breasts up, and pin shut with toothpicks, seams down on greased baking pan
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, and depending on the thickness of the chicken (testing to see if done – clear juices, etc, use thermometer if you have one), I cooked mine for 45 minutes because the chicken breasts were huge!! 


Absolutely divine….. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.