Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Diet Log #2 - Psychological

I had the most boring salad at lunch time when I went to a cafe with friends.  Very disappointed ... while they ate giant deli sandwiches that made my mouth water - I had to just focus on the plate and tell myself - they will be jealous of my success in a few months, and not having that sandwich was the better choice.

June 24th I have an appointment with the Mayo Clinic because I have a strange lump on my upper arm (crossing my fingers it is just some kind of cyst or a Lipoma) - I am counting on the scale being friendly - I will be happy to see that the scale shows me lighter than two weeks ago when I went to see my physician... he is the one that said - You have got to stop eating sugar and starches - You have to lose weight or you will never be healthy again.  I spent the first week of May in the hospital very sick... it was a definite wake up call.  Since he said that I've already lost 8 lbs., but now I'm getting serious.

So...

Accidentally missed breakfast

Lunch - Boring salad

Dinner - 2 Organic Chicken sausages stuffed with sundried tomatoes and mozzarella with a couple of slices of Ultra thin Provolone.

Lots of Water - forgot to count
2 16 oz cups of Unsweetened Iced Green tea
1 Coffee - cut down from numerous cups to one - hopefully soon can cut it out completely
1 16 oz Powerade-Zero

Every hour at work, I got up and moved away and walked around the building a couple times.

I did not go straight home, but instead went from work to a friend's and have hung out with her this evening.  Rather than going home and sitting on the computer or in front of tv or even lying there reading a book.  Trying to become more active and away from home - rather than at home where I could get bored or in trouble...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.