Monday, June 10, 2013

Coq au Vin

This weekend I found my travel scrap book and saw pictures of my son and I in Paris.... and it reminded me, of course of food, that on one of those trips we had this incredible dinner of Coq au Vin at a little bar on the Ille St. Louis.  They called it "Country Chicken", but it was Coq au Vin and it was out of this world.

Last night I pulled out my new casserole pot that was a Christmas gift from my best friend and followed the recipe I found on the PBS website - and I think Julia Child winked at me from the Heavens.  It came out wonderful!!!!!!  Even though I improvised - I only had dry herbs, boneless-skinless chicken thighs, and I had turkey bacon - not pork bacon.  BUT, only meant it was a little lighter/healthier on the arteries!!  It was delicious... at least that was the consensus between myself, my best friend, and my son.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.