Friday, June 14, 2013

Pinwheels, Painting Furniture, and Country Chicken - Diet Log #5


I made Smoked Salmon Pinwheels for breakfast and shared with friend.  The Cold Smoked Salmon is going to be a staple now - as long as I can find really nice fresh cuts at Fresh Market.  Add a little thinly sliced red onion and a thin slice of cucumber, and you are in HEAVEN! (if you like smoked salmon)

Lunch is Sliced Turkey Ham, Cheese, Hard Boiled Egg and a  Starbuck's Unsweetened Green Iced Tea.

Tonight's dinner:

Chicken "a la Provence - Sabrina Style"

2.5 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
Chopped Onion
Chopped 2 stalks of Celery
Chopped 1/2 Green Pepper
Diced up skinned/peeled garlic cloves
Olive Oil
Healthy amount of Herbs du Provence
Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper

Preheat oven at 350 degrees; Going to brown up the onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic; then add the chicken in to brown up some too - all in my casserole-dutch oven pot; put the lid on the pot and put it in the oven to cook for about 45-60 minutes, until the meat is so moist it can be cut a part with a fork.

Serving this with a salad of:

Spring Mix Greens
Chopped 2 tomatoes
Sprinkle of thinly sliced red onion
Chopped 1/2 bell pepper
Mustard Vinaigrette (White Balsamic Vinegar, Olive Oil, Ground Sea Salt/Black Pepper, and a tsp. Course Deli Mustard or Dijon - shaken/blended till creamy)

I can't wait to go home and get the house to smell like a Country French Kitchen ... My neighbors will be standing outside their doors sniffing ... 

This will be my first "weekend" in the Detox phase.  My goal is to keep very busy.  I have two projects that must be finished this weekend:

1.  I am refurbishing my armoire in my bedroom; I am painting the piece Henrietta (Lilac); Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint.  I am going to do before and after photos.  

I made the mistake of not getting any for the little cheapo old side table I had - which now is sitting pretty in my bedroom.

The After Picture

2.  Finish organizing my closet.  Again, forgot to do a before picture, showing the absolute disaster and almost the look of the beginnings of a hoarder.  I've purchase some very pretty, matching storage boxes for my shelves, and I've been working to eliminate junk, old clothes, and put everything into it's rightful place, organization, organization... 



2 comments:

  1. It's good to be so busy. You don't think about food so much. At least, I don't. I have a paint job to do after we get back from Portugal. We bought a new fridge, a Smeg Bombino in the colour 'lime' that absolutly doesn't match with the raspberry red wall ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are enjoying Portugal to the fullest - so wonderful - all the traveling and beautiful places you get to go to - even when you go to places near your home!!!!! I agree, being busy helps so much!!!! You will have to do some before and after pics of your paint project! I'd definitely be interested to see what you end up painting/colors :) A friend went to Spain to visit her husband's family, and they had a tall retro pink Smeg. She took photos to show us because that is a very rare sight here...

      Delete

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.