Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Jackson (R.I.P.)

My BFF's cat, Jackson, was the largest grey tabby cat I've ever seen.  He was an outdoor cat, and just mozied on around the condominiums like he owned the place.  Nobody messed with him because he was just huge, quite plump too... when I'd get out of my car, he'd stroll up, flop over on his back and rub around my feet for loving.  Or, she and I would be standing outside talking, and he'd do Circle 8's around my ankles ... She and I had been really busy one day, and she was over at my condo - when there was a scraping sound at my door - we opened the door, and there he was, sitting pretty, telling her it was time for her to come home - so he could get some food, water and sleep time... He was over 14 yrs old, and a friend of her daughter's backed up out of her parking spot (yesterday), not knowing Jackson was under her car, and killed him....

My friend is devastated...

So, my Noomi and Habibi got some extra hugs and kisses last night - I would be so devastated if anything happened to them... of course, mine never step foot outside unless in their little pet carrier... but you just never know ... my fears are always that they will make a wild mad dash outside... the truth is, they really have no interest whatsoever except for the birds in the trees - and they seem content to stay in the climate controlled home and watch them through the windows... they live the life of luxury and seem to appreciate it very much so....


2 comments:

  1. How terrible for your friend...AND her daughter's friend!!!
    We had 2 cats...
    Taffy limped to the ripe old age of 21...
    Kramer...died from loneliness a few months later, at the age of 17...
    Missed them for a very long time...
    But...I have never missed all the damn fur!!!
    Between my 3 kids...there are 7 cats!!!
    Very furry...indeed!!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Linda, 21 and 17 is a very nice long life - I know it's hard to get used to them being gone ... I had a pretty difficult time when I lost my old cat and my greyhound all in a 6 months time span *both were 14 - and both died of cancer... But crazy me went and bought my insane Persian boy!!! With 7 grandkitties you can get your fill and then go home and not have to deal with the hair and mess of a pet - sounds like a great situation! :)



      Delete

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.