Sunday, July 7, 2013

It's Hot Outside... Diet Log #27 (#24, 25, and 26)

Four days off from work, has been wonderful.... I needed the relaxation and rest, though indoors because the heat just sucks everything right out of me.

Thursday I went to lunch with my good friend, and had a huge salad... Friday, did some shopping, relaxing... Saturday, I did NOTHING... and today, rode around and did some more errands, cleaned house, and resting again.... so sweet....

I have stayed on track, though have cooked nothing interesting - too hot to cook.  Tonight I'm going to try a recipe for Chicken Enchilada Casserole.

Back to work tomorrow... Life is dull and boring, and I'm liking it.

Here's the recipe I am trying out tonight - modified from a recipe that calls for beef...I'm using chicken.

Enchilada Bake - Low Carb Recipe

Crust:
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon Seasoning for Tacos
8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
Beat or whisk the cream cheese and eggs until smooth. Add the seasoning; mix well. Stir in the cheese; mix well. Grease a 9 x 13" baking dish; spread the cheese mixture evenly over the bottom. Bake at 350º, 35 minutes or until browned, but not too dark. Let stand 5-10 minutes before adding the topping.

Topping:
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon Seasoning for Tacos
8 1/2 ounce jar enchilada sauce
4 ounce can chopped green chiles
8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded

Stew the chicken in a pot (I added garlic powder and salt to the water) till falls apart with fork; drain and shred/pull chicken with knife and fork. Stir in the seasoning, enchilada sauce and chiles. Spread over the crust. Top with the cheese. Bake another 20 minutes or so until hot and bubbly. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and some chopped up scallions (green onion) - if you use salsa - remember to add the carbs.

4 net carb dinner - makes 8 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.