Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Nommm Nommm - Spinach! Diet Log #42

Spinach is sooooo full of fiber that it is absolutely fabulous for Low Carbing.  There are not many vegetables that I don't like - I do make a good vegetarian, at times.  Though, every now and then, my body craves meat - and I mean a lean mean steak on the grill.  The best steak I ever had was at a restaurant called La Villette, in Brussells, that had this incredible garlic/mushroom/wine cream sauce with fries... ohhhhh my.... my mouth waters... how I wish, so wish, I lived in Belgium!!!!!!!  I can just see myself in a cute apartment in one of the smaller cities outside of Brussels or Antwerp, with a bicycle, riding the trains, and hanging out with friends in incredible little restaurants for hours, drinking wine, beer, eating well - and laughing... what a dream I have, too bad nobody in Belgium wants to hire a paralegal who only speaks English... pffft, I can say Hello and Goodbye and Thank You in MANY languages... I can even say a few things in Farsi... but, not enough to get a good job overseas.

Today's recipe that I am going to make and serve with a rotisserie chicken from the super market:

GREEK SPINACH RECIPE:  3 SERVINGS; 3 NET CARBS PER SERVING
1 T. Butter
1/4 small minced onion
1 pkg of frozen, chopped spinach, thawed
1/4 c. crumbled feta cheese
1/4 c. cottage cheese

Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.  Add onion and let it sizzle for a minute; then add spinach and saute, stirring now and then, for 5 to 7 minutes.

Add in the cheeses and stir until they start to melt - for another minute. Then ready to serve.....


2 comments:

  1. Wish you lived here. We could try to lose weight together, get on our bikes and make long rides to build up condition and to lose even more weight ... to allow us to have that delicious steak at La Villette every once in a while. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that would be a dream come true!!!!!!! There are so many wonderful places around you to ride our bikes!!!!! Even take our bikes on the train and go somewhere new for the afternoon!!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.