Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Diet Log #35 - Humidity

Living in the Sunshine State is not all that it is cracked up to be... unless you are running around at the beach or have a nice home with a big pool... and live to be in a bathing suit and sunshine.  Not me, I work, work, and work some more, and when I get home it's thunder/lightening and raining - the streets are steaming from the cold rain... enough that you feel as though you stepped into a sauna when you walk outside any door into the outdoor elements.  Disgusting - hair kinks up immediately, your skin sticks to your clothes, and you feel like you can't breathe...  I don't belong here!!!!  I belong in cooler climates, where Peonies grow!

I am on a new kick, turkey burgers.  I'm buying pre-cooked, grilled turkey burgers from the deli area at Fresh Market.  I cook up cauliflower for the side, and put a slice of cheese and some mustard on the patty - that's my new dinner.  Cauliflower is filling!!  Like it expands in your tummy - so I find it the perfect food.

I've lost 3 of the 5 "Overnight Gain" lbs. - I know it was just a swell - I may need to see about weighing once or twice a month rather than once a week.

I'm not very chipper - have appointment at Mayo again - with the surgeon.  Though it's not cancer, and the Radiologist said he did not see recommending it to be removed, it hurts, it's aggravated and swollen today, and the Surgeon wants to discuss options.  Hoping there's some non-invasive way!!  Doubt it - but who knows....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.