Thursday, July 18, 2013

Friendly Support - Diet Log #37

What a blast I had at Happy Hour - and when the waiter put that fresh out of the oven, smothered in butter Sourdough bread, my friends immediately removed it from my path ... and everyone ordered low carb appetizers!  Chicken wings with no breading, Ahi Tuna that was my favorite, ... and I had a Martini... then drank 5 glasses of iced lemon water down.  Never once did I feel that I was denying myself anything, and went home in such a good mood!!  I am now sending out invites for next month's Happy Hour, and it will be at J. Alexander's - they have the most incredible grilled artichokes!  There were five of us last night, and next month I imagine we can bump that group number up to at least eight.

Recipe:  I am planning to try this one on the weekend -
Photo: Low carb!...YES!! talk about yummy!

 SIMPLE EASY SIDE DISH...

 Slice the zucchini in half. Slice off the bottom to keep in stable. Brush with olive oil and top with garlic or garlic powder. Top with sliced tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste. Use mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese or mixed blend.. Bake 375 for 20 to 30 minutes until soft.

Share to your page to save for later!

Slice the zucchini in half. Slice off the bottom to keep in stable. Brush with olive oil and top with garlic or garlic powder. Top with sliced tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste. Use mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese or mixed blend.. Bake 375 for 20 to 30 minutes until soft.

Looks delicious!!!!  I bought some really good shaved parmesan that will be absolutely perfect with this recipe!!! I love squash of any kind... and there's one thing I truly love about Summer, and that is the produce.  The kiddo has actually requested Spaghetti Squash too.  I'm thinking a trip to the butcher for some spicy turkey italian sausage, to the farmer's market for the good produce, and we can have a Squashy Weekend!!!  Instead of spaghetti sauce, which is very difficult to find in low enough carbs to meet "my" approval, I'm going to just saute up garlic, onion, some chopped up fresh plum tomatoes, seasoning and olives... and kind of Putanesca Chunky Style ...

Lunch today is at an Italian place where I will have a chicken dish and their house salad... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.