Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Experimenting with Crustless Quiche Recipes - Diet Log #23

Diet Log #23 - Wednesday, July 2 (belated posting)

Tonight I made a combination of two recipes I had of crustless quiche and broccoli puff, sans the starches and carbs... Basically, it was to die for!  My friend came over to watch tv and eat dinner and she said "If you ever decide to quit your job at the office, you could easily find a wealthy heavy person to cook for and make a killing"... 

I love to cook - it's a shame you wouldn't know by going into my kitchen - I have crappy knives, a few utensils, etc. - but I've always made do, and cooked up a storm ... 

After I cooked this dinner up and ate, said goodnight to friend, and forgot to get a picture!!!  I'll have to try and get one of the leftovers... 

1 bag of broccoli florets - cooked/drained/chopped up
1 bag of spinach - thawed/drained well
1 c of sliced cooked mushrooms/drained well
1 T of crushed garlic
1/2 cup of crushed up bacon
8 oz. shredded Gouda cheese
8 oz shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup of Heavy Cream
6 eggs
10 oz. whipped cream cheese
Ground Black Pepper for taste
Dash of Nutmeg

Preheat Oven at 375 degrees
Greased pan put the broccoli, bacon in first 
Whip up a custard of the eggs and cream - adding the pepper and nutmeg - set aside
In separate bowl mix the mushrooms, garlic and spinach in the cream cheese till blended well and then spread over the broccoli and bacon
Spread the Gouda Cheese over the veggies evenly
Pour the custard over the top of the cheese evenly
Top with Cheddar Cheese
Bake - checking it at 45 minutes and cook longer till middle is set
If browning too much - cover with tinfoil



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.