Thursday, August 29, 2013

Never Give Up - EVER Diet Log #77

A reminder to you. To me. xo :: art by Jay Roeder

Today is my first day of having my Carboholics Anonymous meeting.  I have brought in some celery and ranch dressing for sharing as a nibble.  Everyone's packed their own lunches to bring in... I'm going to go over a few helpful tips = things that have helped me.

1.   If it is a root vegetable, it's not on the "Plan".
2.  Don't listen to other people tell you you are doing something wrong, or how you should do something another way - instead - take hints and advice to a point that if you think it might work for you, try it, but don't fall in the trap of Nay-Sayers.  Nay-Sayers will sabotage (not purposely) every chance they can ....
3.   It's ONE day at a time.  If you ate some pizza or ice cream, then you should make consequences that are healthy to fix it - and that is, get back on the horse, walk an extra mile, do an extra 30 minutes exercise, and start back with a healthy choice and realize - you can do better next time.  
4.  DO NOT GIVE YOURSELF TREATS for a GOOD LOSS in the form of FOOD.  Buy yourself a new shirt, skirt, piece of jewelry, perfume, something that you wanted... new shoes :)  But if you treat yourself with Carbohydrates, you've just given in to the addiction... just like a drug addict.

I've always said - my drug of choice, is Food.  I'd rather sit and eat a giant bowl of pasta and fresh hot bread smothered in butter than take any drugs or alcoholic beverage.  I guess I can't really say that I'm not an addict, because honestly, regardless of how hard I work on weight loss - this has been a long time battle - and I only fail because of my addiction.  

I have lost a total of 42 lbs today.  This was confirmed by the doctor visit I had this morning.  I am 8 lbs. shy of my intended 90 day goal, but I'm not going to punish myself over it - instead I am bumping up the will power and the "movement"... and I'm gathering the masses to be my support.  I will reach that 50 lbs goal - it just might be a week late.  AND Late is better than NEVER


Recap:  A wonderful meeting, two ladies that attended were stunned at how "small a world" we live in - they used to be neighbors - so I reunited two friendly people in a great little group!  We shared recipes, talked honestly about how much weight we have to lose - and I was stunned by the smallest one in the group - I'd have NEVER guessed her weight!  She's carrying her weight very well... I am the heaviest by 4 lbs. But I'm going to take care of that - "Miss Competitive" here, not "Miss Supportive!"... No, I will definitely want to shine in the weight loss and set a good example!  BUT I never want anyone to feel bad ....so I will always be there to support.  As an overweight woman, I know how to verbally express without hurting feelings or stepping on toes, the sensitive issues of weight, diet, etc.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What an achievement. With this attitude, you will reach your goal. No doubt about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying.. and thank you! I went shopping yesterday for the first time for clothes that fit - and it felt good to be buying a smaller size!!!! It felt good to be feeling healthier and have the stamina to shop and walk for a whole day - including walking the entire IKEA store on top of it! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.