Thursday, August 22, 2013

Life is Gouda... Diet Log #71

A few years ago I went to the pretty city of Gouda.  Wheels of Cheese city street lamps, cheese market in the middle of the city center with tables and displays of huge wheels of cheese, it was Heaven.....and it was a little bit on the "Cheezy" side... but a lovely place.  I reminisced while eating a nice slice of some aged Gouda today... Buying a ticket to go to Gouda was a bit of a chore - nobody told me it wasn't pronounced GOODA - it's more on the gutteral sound of GHOWDA... I'll never forget how to pronounce it after that!  When I go back to the Netherlands - I have Edam on my list of places to visit - for I am so ready to be in another Paradise of Cheese....

We've been having some "doozy" storms!  I love it when I don't have to work, because then you can curl up and watch the weather blow in ... cuddle up with the fatty tabby and a nap blanket and just chill out... but, today that's not possible, I am at the office!  We are now entering into the prime time of Hurricane Season... September being the worst.  Hopefully, they will all pass by, if any....

Swollen and puffy, I believe it is because of the salty salad pepper rings and bacon that was on my chef salad yesterday at lunch time.  It was delicious - including the homemade buttermilk ranch dressing I was dipping each bite into... that was also very salty... dinner was a bowl of roasted brussels sprouts, not too inventive.  I even managed to tolerate the vitamins because I took them AFTER dinner - with a full stomach and lots and lots of fluids.  The 1st of September is sneaking up quickly and that is my 90 day marker!  90 days!!!!!  So far, I look at my weight loss as having removed a 4 yrs old child made of body fat from my system!  I really need to lose another 40 lbs before Thanksgiving... I want to be in all my nice clothes I love so much when I drive up to be with my family.... I want to be healthy and happy with myself for this trip... It's a big deal to me - that I travel that distance feeling good about myself!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.