Thursday, September 5, 2013

Labor Day Break * Fun - Diet Log #78-84

Enjoyed my lovely 4 day weekend... went to see Blue Jasmine (loved Cate Blanchett, but was so very disappointed, found it depressing - maybe it was the mood I was in, maybe not)... went shopping locally one day, and then took a road trip with friends to Orlando, Florida and shopped till we dropped.  I was so excited because I bought myself a new "smaller" outfit that looked wonderful and flattering on me ...

Last night's dinner was:

A bag of broccoli frozen florets, mix of zucchini, yellow squash, red onion and red bell pepper - cooked till tender
A bag of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
4 eggs
1/2 c. of Half n Half

Put the cooked veggies in a greased casserole dish, put the cheese on top of that, then poured the eggs/half n half that were beaten together with some seasonings, and kind of mixed it up enough that the egg was even everywhere, then baked for 35-40 minutes at 400 degrees.  Oh my gosh, this was over the top delicious, filling, and low carb!!!!!  For those that want meat, you could add ham, bacon, ground meat, or chicken... I just wanted that yummy vegetable and egg - basically it was something between a crustless quiche and a frittata or baked omelet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.