Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Niçoise Salad

I have this memory of eating out with my parents at a restaurant across the street or near Bloomingdales in NYC when I was a child, and my mother would always order me a Niçoise Salad... it was NOT the choice of a child... sorry Mom, that's the truth!!!!  And, now looking back, oh how wonderful that salad must have been and how I could certainly munch down on it today - but I don't believe that restaurant is in existence anymore ... my memory fails me on its name, possibly something like Yellow Fingers?


Niçoise Salad
16 oz. grilled tuna steak or canned tuna (2-3 cans)
4 eggs, hard-boiled

2 Boston lettuce leaves
3 small ripe tomatoes
1 small red onion
8 ounces green beans, cooked
1/4-cup niçoise olives
1 tbsp. capers
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

The Vinaigrette:
1/2 cup lemon juice
3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium shallot, minced
1 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves, minced
2 Tbsp. fresh basil leaves, minced
2 tsp. fresh oregano leaves, minced
1 tsp. Dijon or homemade mustard
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.