Monday, March 9, 2015

Spring Cleaning & Painting... The Work has Begun....

We will begin with not such great photography, but the before pictures... Beginning with a tiny bedroom and bathroom, used by my 24 yr. old son ... he's sleeping on my baby brother's extra long twin - the bed is OLD... the walls are that flat cheap builder grade white paint... it shows every bump, scrape, scratch, etc. and is not washable... 



I bought the gray paint from Benjamin Moore that would not be too dark/too drab/or too light... and we began painting this weekend - FINALLY!!!!! Yahooo!!!!

By 4 p.m., after starting at 10:30 a.m., the bedroom and bathroom were completely finished - and now just waiting for everything to settle and dry 

View from freshly painted bedroom to freshly painted bathroom.. in the bright light of the bathroom you can see it makes the gray bright and cheerful... and in the dim light of his bedroom, it's a good true gray.

The bathroom was dry - but still haven't hung up the framed pictures - hate to put a nail hole into these perfectly clean, freshly painted walls!!!!
 As you can see there's no taking a photo in my home without there being a photobombing cat.  This is Noomi - she believes that this bathroom and the kid's bedroom are her's... she's very appreciative of the painting and cleaning ... I got lots of head butts and purrs.

Basically, this weekend, while my friend was painting - she loves to paint... I got out from underneath her feet and began decluttering and Spring Cleaning.  I steam mopped the floors, scrubbed tubs, walls, dusted every surface possible, every knick knack was taken down and thoroughly cleaned, framed pictures, mirrors, you name it - there "was" no dust in my home when I finished... I threw out a bag of undonatable clothes and junk, and donated clothes to my friend and her aunt, and donated a huge bag of clothes to Good Will... I cleaned and cleaned... and then I cooked this incredible eggplant casserole - meatless eggplant lasagna type thing where I used the eggplant slices as the noodles... it was incredible.  When everything was finished, put away, and I could just stop - I collapsed in this...with my remote control...and watched tv... and suffered all night long with the aches and pains of every joint and muscle I have not used in a long time.....

but of course - I was comforted by this...just that face alone can take my aches and pains away... he's my sweet, sweet boy and cuddlebug.  

As we get his new bed and then pictures and shelving finished in his room, I will be taking more photos - as well as - the final photo of the bathroom once we have the framed pictures up on the wall and all the towels in place, etc.  So far - I feel so ACCOMPLISHED... 


4 comments:

  1. You have done a lot of work this weekend! I love the grey colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... I really love it too... its perfect!!! :) Today I bought the bed and it is to be delivered on Thursday - so we are really starting to move along and get it all finished!!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Denis! Well we were going to get the bed delivered tonight but it's postponed to Saturday... Once we get the new bed set up in his room, we can get some more pictures to show what new progress has been made. The great thing - already the kid is out of my living room and in his own room enjoying the new set up!!! It's not cheap redecorating like this- so we are doing a bit at a time every weekend!!! :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.