Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Frenzy

I have been extremely busy at work, with no time for breaks, or nice lunches out, and lots of long hours... I don't see sunlight...  My health has been lousy, I had a terrible scare with my hair falling out, getting sick with another very bad sinus infection, bronchitis like cough, throat, etc. - miserable.  I told the doctor something has to give... I'm "sick and tired" of being "sick and tired"... this is NOT me.  I'm tired of people saying "are you feeling better?"  I don't want to be known as the "sickly" one. 

I had extensive blood work done - and I was extremely dehydrated, very low on potassium, vitamin B-12, D, and my sugar levels were going up and up... SO... not quite a diabetic, but I'm on the road to being one - and honestly, I do not want to add that to the list of ailments!!!  (obviously I swayed away from my healthy eating last year)

My pride - my vanity - all is centered around my hair!!!!  I think the fact that I started seeing hunks of hair coming out of my head scared me more than anything else!!!!  

SO... today I began my day of eating smart.  No more feeling sorry for myself because I can't get healthy - instead, I'm going to be taking loads of vitamin supplements, and my cabinets and fridge are being emptied and refilled with spices, fresh products, healthy foods, and a lot of SUPER foods.  I read that 6 meals of fish a week with a super food green is the SMARTEST way to eat.  I am going to have to get over my "issue" with smelling the house up by cooking fish, and start broiling or sauteeing up some delicious filets... I am surrounded by fresh seafood because I live in Florida...

The first week of April, I re-do lab work and see the doctor for my re-check - and to see if I've been smart and doing things right...

Tomorrow morning, at 7 a.m. I will be walking ... I don't care who sees me - I'll just throw on shoes and walk out the door and walk... in my pajamas.... I live in Florida - there are no dress codes ...

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you have been so miserable. I wish you well. Your plans sound good. Bon courage, mon amie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mym - I immediately went to the store last night and stocked up on the vitamins and bought a load of fresh vegetables and healthy dinner choices - and began walking!!! I woke up feeling positive :) xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Sabrina....
    My hair was causing me some concern last Fall.....
    Seems the stress in my life was playing tricks with my hair...
    All has been resolved....except now I have furry hair, due to the Florida climate!
    Hope all is well, and you get back on the healthy food band wagon....
    You are a beautiful young woman....relax!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG - Furry hair, you made me laugh!!! I know this humidity here does wonders to our hair!!! I am glad you found out it was stress - and it's stopped!!!! It's scary!!!! Well today is my first day of vitamin supplements and walking - and I'm glad that I did wake up feeling positive and refreshed... :) Thank you for your kind words!!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.