Monday, November 5, 2012

The Missed - Day # 4 - Thankfulness

Day #4 - of Thankfulness - missed due to a full schedule and activity yesterday!!!

Exploration


I am thankful that my family were not overbearing and smothering and allowed me to roam. My mother pushed me away from the television and books, and out the door on my bicycle.  On my bicycle, I rode through nature paths, neighborhoods, made friends, would go into churches and be amazed by the beautiful stained glass, find little stores full of interesting treasures and treats.  

When I left home, I still had this great desire to explore... I've been to many places in the USA, still have a LOT more to see, but I've seen QUITE a lot.  My State alone, Florida, I've been here and there and everywhere, from South Florida, the Keys, the Panhandle, many of the Springs, Central Florida - West Coast/East Coast, and swamps of North Florida that meet Georgia... places that make you think "Banjo Music" (so apropos).  

But, most of all - I have such fantastic memories of traveling with my son. I am so thankful that I had those years to now look back at and smile and laugh to myself or "ooooh and ahhhh" mentally of the things we've seen and done.  I pray that when he has a wife and children, he feels the need to travel and show them the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.