Saturday, November 3, 2012

Thanks #3

Today I am thankful for my friends.... I cannot imagine life without the friends I have - they are such a source of fun, laughter, strength, support, generosity, energy, love, and so much more... Being away from family, you find that making a good friend is so important!  I have been blessed ....

One is in the hospital from having abdominal surgery.  She was suffering with a horrid infection from a tear in her intestines - one doctor went in and cleaned the infection and said take antibiotics and go home... 6 months later - she's now in the hospital having been dying from Sepsis from the infection caused from the perforation in her intestine - this doctor is different - he found the cause, cleaned up the infection, and she's now going to be in the hospital for about a week.  I am sad that I am so far away from her and can't be there to help her - so instead we just text back and forth and I try and send silly messages to make her smile... I will be visiting her at Christmas - so I can make up for my lack of absence during this time, and thankfully, she too has a good network of friends where she is to take my place and her family's place (she too is far far away from all her family)...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.