Monday, January 31, 2011

Muddling through the Weekend Memories and Thoughts....

Happy Hour Friday night... I picked up my dear friend and she and I, dolled up, went to Mitchell's Seafood Market.  Their appetizers were half off, and the martinis were $4.00.  We ate Kung Pao Calamari *my favorite, Spinach, Artichoke Crab dip, and Spicy Asian Shrimp with Sticky Rice - the Cucumber Asian salad/slaw that came with the shrimp was delicious!  She and I got seated in an oversized leather booth, dim lighting, and comfortable, away from the push of the bar, but still in the bar area - it was perfect - because we could laugh and chat and catch up on things going on in our lives.  When we were finished, we left for the mall stores and perused the Clearance racks - I picked up a new sweater, cashmere in black with cowl neck and 3/4 length sleeves, very boxy and comfortable, but flattering and a very early 70s style tunicish, beaded/studded, Indian cotton top to go with denim...

Oy” - Saturday Oyster Roast!  Roasted 50 lbs of oysters, drank down Bloody Marys, played Wii Boxing and Bowling, then watched The Box - which we made fun of, horrible movie!!  All the horseradish and hot sauce didn't mix well by the end of the evening - and so I was feeling quite queasy... then lets just say - my stomach removed the contents and without puking....

Sunday - comforted my stomach with hot oatmeal, green tea, a cozy blanket, pillows, a spot on the couch, and watched "The Girl Who Kicked a Hornets Nest"... It was a quiet, nappy kind of day... all the windows and patio door open, letting in the fresh air and sunshine.  And, then the evening, surprise!!!  My BFF that lives next door came over to watch Masterpiece Theater with me.  This is NOT someone I would ever expect to have any interest in something like Downton Abbey - she is not a romantic nor one to read up on Edwardian or pre-WWI era stories... but.... she happened to be over the last Sunday and caught it and now is hooked... we have to wait for the second season now that is in production.  I am happy to know I've enlightened my friend on the joys of Masterpiece Theater!  

I think I am going to start looking for sales on a digital book reader thingy, like the Kindle or Nook - however you spell it.  I thought how perfect for when I get on a recumbent bicycle ... I can read a book easily... and even in a dim, cool exercise room like they have at my gym.  There are quite a few new books out that I'd like to read.


2 comments:

  1. Good weekend...sorry to hear about the food not agreeing...yikes!

    Hey, if you are looking for an e-reader, as I am...I highly recommend the Nook Color...It just makes it easy on the eyes to read.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my employer's son showed me the Nook Color he got for his birthday and it is very nice - just being a cheapskate and not wanting to spend too much money... just got a college tuition invoice yesterday to knock my socks off... they overestimated financial aid - and I am back to square one and more moolah out of pocket I wasn't planning on... ughhhh...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.