Thursday, January 27, 2011

"....in your dreams whatever they be dream a little dream of me." ~ The Mamas & the Papas

A childhood friend is getting married, and I am very happy for her – and the other night I had a dream – a dream that I had driven with other friends, one being “Lefty” who sat in the passenger seat, as we drove into a parking garage in San Francisco, California to attend the wedding (my friend getting married is gay).  I got lost in the garage, ended up on some kind of highway and then totally surrounded by the ocean … it was not fun, it was scary…in the dream… 

I wanted to try and see if it was possible to interpret this dream – especially after learning today that the wedding IS IN FACT in SAN FRANCISCO!!!  I did NOT know this beforehand and I did NOT know I was on the list of guests being invited.

My driving around in the parking garage (winding) and the long road:

To dream that you are driving a vehicle indicates the road you're traveling through life. This dream is telling about the manner through which you are traveling. If you can't see the road ahead of you, then you may not have direction in your own life. You don't have ambitions. If the road is winding, this suggests that you are having difficulty reaching your dreams.

The sight of an ocean in your dream indicates the current sentiments and moods. It represents spiritual awakening, peace, and revival.

A dream of traveling in the ocean represents a state of liberation and self-sufficiency. You are displaying strength and bravery in your undertakings.

A dream of water can have many different meanings. On the surface, it represents your emotions; however, water can also be symbolic of your life force, your chi, and your psyche. Other meanings include a search for knowledge or spirituality comfort as well as a need for healing or relief from hunger or thirst.

To dream that you are lost symbolizes losing a sense of direction in your actual life. You might have been distracted and threading a path which takes you far away from your original goals. You are anxious and insecure with the turnout of events. Alternatively, a dream of being lost may reflect an attempt to catch up and adapt to the ever-changing rules and conditions in your waking life.

If someone else is lost in your dream, it points to conflict, unresolved issues and ill-feelings you possess for that lost person. Consider also that the lost person might be mirroring lost aspects in your personality. Try to relive and recognize those significant parts of your personality.

To dream that you are attending a wedding, consider how you feel at the wedding. If you are happy, then you are embracing a new change in your life.

This all makes sense - I am questioning my life, where I am going/direction, I don't have ill-feelings with friends so they must have been mirroring my personality - they do... it all makes sense - so much change and questions as to the future and what my life holds ahead for me ... interesting...

1 comment:

  1. It is interesting....I question my life every day. Not to this depth however....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.