Friday, January 21, 2011

Happy Hour

I decided to force myself out tonight - not to wallow in loneliness and self-pity in the land of "ENS" - and accepted an invitation to meet for Happy Hour at a Wine and Appetizer place after work.  I'll be meeting friends, one I haven't seen in awhile, so there will be some catching up to do...

On the Get Back in Shape and Lose Weight front, I packed breakfast of a bowl of cooked oatmeal and fruit, no sugar added, and I am having my coffee without sugar and I used Half n Half, not creamer, just a dash of the real thing - the calories/fat of Half n Half are less serious and damaging then Non-Dairy Creamer full of corn syrup and other products that are similar to liquid plastics... (just my opinion)... I will begin back at the gym on Monday - and make a routine of Monday - Wednesday - Friday - start with 30 minutes the first week, and then bump it up and up, and knowing myself, I'll probably go every day and become seriously obsessed with workouts.  BUT, have to get motivated and get into the groove first.

And, now to battle the school and the witch in the accounting department that refuses to call me back.  I could not believe the last time I did get her on the phone (She actually answered the phone), and she told me (perfect quote to a perfect lie) "when I spoke to you last"... right, she never spoke to me, she never would return my calls, and the paperwork was lost, not processed, thrown in the trash, who knows, but "LaStelle" has an issue with me... and I NOW have an issue with her, and when I hit that point, heads must roll.  Just picture the Queen of Hearts in Alice in Wonderland and that's me - "OFF WITH HER HEAD!"

I have many clients I must deal with that I do not like, and if I had a choice, I would not speak to them either.  But, to earn a living and receive a paycheck, I must provide a service, and give respect and be polite to the clients, despite my likes or dislikes of the clients who really mean nothing to me, only I have the power to allow the dislike, even mutual dislike, to affect my life.  I have to remember this - especially when I come across people like "LaStelle" ... I do have the power to call her supervisor and ask for assistance - avoiding any further upset.  Actually, I told my son, go to the accounting department and take care of this please, and make sure that while you are there you make them call me to discuss.  Make sure they understand, avoiding my calls makes the situation worse, gravely worse... they don't want me showing up at the President of the University's office with my complaint..."No Sirree!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.