Thursday, October 2, 2014

Slow Cooking.... Apricot BBQ Chicken


Apricot BBQ Chicken

4-6 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
1 jar of Apricot Preserves
1 sm. bottle of Baby Rays Sweet BBQ Sauce
1 packet of Onion Soup Mix

Slow cook 4-6 hours on low (I'm having to do it for 8 hours and hoping all goes well)

Served over rice and garnished with some chopped green onion (Scallions)

I will be using Whole Foods Frozen Organic Jasmine Rice - a bag with 5 cups of rice, $2.99 - that bag will work for 3 dinners for 2 people - I think it is the greatest savings!

Wish me luck...... I bought a brand new slow cooker.  I hope I don't burn the house down!!!!!!  Kid just called and said he was off to training classes with work, but he checked on the chicken because it SMELLED SO GOOD!







2 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious. I am keeping this recipe. I hope to read about how it came out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey - I'd cut the BBQ sauce down to just a cup... other than that I didn't like it but my son did - he ate it for three nights and days in a row - he took the chicken and put it on rolls with coleslaw and made it into Pulled Chicken sandwiches... I think you'll like it... I put too much BBQ sauce in it so it just didn't come out how I wanted it too... more apricot....

      :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.