Friday, October 24, 2014

Bon Jour....

I woke up this morning to the alarm, some awful radio station morning program going on with these ridiculous people going on and on, enough to make anyone jump out of bed and run screaming...with these awful, loud nasal American accents-and I know I have that same sound when I talk!!  Do we all have deviated septums?  I heard Habibi fuss at the noise from the nest he made in my covers, so I hit the snooze and curled back up to sleep... finally when I realized I HAD to get out of bed, it's Friday, tomorrow is the weekend, I was waking up in the wrong place... it's all a bad dream... I needed to wake up where I wanted to be in reality....Paris.  


I should be climbing out of my cozy bed in a tiny little flat I'm temporarily renting on my "Tour of Europe" in the Marais... throwing on some comfy clothes, black large sunglasses, my hair up in a messy bun, and grabbing up my little French Bulldog, LuLu-Belle, with her little pink sparkly collar and matching leash, and off we go to the cafe on the corner for a cup of coffee and a croissant. Habibi had to stay back in the USA without his Mummy because he's not a happy traveler.

But, somehow, I was transported out of that wonderful reality to this dull and boring bad dream ... of waking up like an automaton, shower, dress, do hair, feed cats, make sure they have water, make bed, get in car and drive the same route, shake head at bad drivers and glare at the morons who are in a 5 car pile up due to tailgating and speeding at the same time, into the office, make coffee, force on a smile and a happy Good Morning, and then to the usual work drudgery... all in a place that a large concensus considers paradise, Sunny Florida.


My Halloween Music 



A little Johann Sebastian Bach organ to gloom the day and bring in that eerie effect....

4 comments:

  1. Sunny Florida ... it sounds like paradise to me. I highly prefer it to rain, wind and cold. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is absolutely beautiful here this weekend.. in the 70s and blue skies, sunshine..light breeze... the beginning of the perfect time of year to live here - Summer is finally over!!! :)

      Delete
  2. First off...the Toccata and Fugue by Bach is one of my favorites. But this is not the best version. The Symphonic version used for the movie Fantasia, was to me, the best rendition.

    And now you have me thinking on France......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. France has some redeeming qualities - there is so much to see and do, and I've only seen bits and pieces... I need to add a little more of France to my life - though I prefer Belgium! :) But if I lived in Belgium I could see more and more of France whenever I liked!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.