Monday, September 29, 2014

A Cake I Shall Bake.....

I had energy, lots of it, this weekend.. I decided Saturday would be the day to burn it all off.  I started with a good carpet shampooing, and ended up with myself covered in sugar, flour, and the scent of a vanilla pound cake baking in the oven... Baking a pound cake by hand, without a stand mixer, is hard work!!!!  It's such a wonderful experience to bake...with a pound cake, it's a very slow process, and exact.  Each ingredient must be room temperature, slowly beaten and blended perfectly, and each item added, one at a time... no hurries if you want success.  The end was this beauty and a house that smelled of vanilla and baked goods. How Super Comfy!!!!!



I've finally decided and made our reservations - for:

The Gettysburg Hotel 1797

I finally made the decision and bit the bullet.  I decided on a "real" hotel where check-in is after 4 p.m., we have double beds, coffee maker in room, fireplace and modern day furnishings, amenities, and hotel comforts in the heart of the Historic District, Downtown Gettysburg.  The idea of a quaint inn or B&B is great, but when you read the "Warnings, Policies, and Disclaimers" of the Inns and B&Bs, you find they seem a bit scary and rigid for my needs... I don't want to lose my money and reservation because I got caught up in traffic outside Washington D.C. - so the larger, more commercial Hotel industry won! Along with the fact it is on a historic square next to taverns, coffee shops, and such, so all conveniences....   We will have tavern food and some Black and Tans for our celebratory Gettysburg Birthday Celebration Evening....   Then I plan to go upstairs to my room, sit in front of the fireplace and chill out before the Sabrina's Express takes off to the Catskills and Berkshires in New England the next day.... 

I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!  So... we have the first three days planned... with a hotel booked... and then off to Gramma's House We GO!!!!!!  




1 comment:

  1. That vacation is sounding better and better as the plans progress. And Damn...you just made me hungry with the pic of that cake!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.