Monday, June 23, 2014

New Shoes and Make Up Make Me Happy.... (week 2)

My Saturday was bliss:

Shopped at Sephora (bought Nars Satin Gloss Lipstick pencil in "New Lover") and Dior Forever Foundation (I tried the copycat Lancome version, couldn't compare); picked up samples of Issey's newest Summer scents

Shopped at Home Goods (found some beautiful lavendar colored sheets on sale)

Shopped at Tuesday Mornings and bought a Cuisinart bright red roasting dish

Went to Benjamin Moore Paint Store and picked up swatches for my kitchen backsplash... right now I'm leaning away from my original choice of a yellow/gold to traditional red.

By the time I was finished shopping 7 hours later, I was home watching a movie on the couch and wiped out. The heat and humidity did me in... but I have to say I had a most wonderful day doing my favorite thing - shopping with my best friend...

Sunday I went to Whole Foods and bought:

Eggplant, Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Bell Pepper, Campari Tomatoes, Japanese Sweet Potato, and Kalamata Pitted Olives; which I took home, peeled, chopped, tossed in Herbs du Provence, Garlic, and Olive Oil (added a chopped up sweet onion), and then roasted them for an hour at 375 degrees in my new roasting dish - then served them over some brown rice.  Very filling... and VERY healthy.

Week 1 - I lost 6.6 lbs...13.4 lbs more to go to reach my first goal.

When I reach my first goal, I will treat myself to something new to wear... I imagine I will reach that goal by the time I go to see the doctor.  It's always easy to lose 20 lbs at first - it's after that that I have to be realistic and my mini goals will have to get smaller every month... And I will never treat myself again to something food related, but reward myself with something more lasting like new shoes, shirt, pants, etc. or even perfume.  Have to train myself to not think food is a comfort or reward.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you!
    6.6 lbs!!! Fantastic!
    Will check in next week to see how you did!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... I'm working for my first goal... and I don't think I will have any trouble hitting it before July 14th when I go to my first weigh in with the doctor... Pretty excited :) Cheers!

      Delete
  2. Mmmm, roasted veggies. I love them but I never think of making them. Will do so later this week. Thanks for the reminder.
    Good luck on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soon roasted veggies will be coming out of my ears!!!! I can't get enough!!!!!! There are so many great summer veggies out right now and so many recipes!!!! XOX

      Delete

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.