Friday, June 20, 2014

Hip Hip Hooray - the Weekend is Almost Here!

I am starting my weekend off early with a trip to Home Goods and Tuesday Mornings after work tonight.  I am looking for a good/solid roaster pan to do vegetables in... like a "knock-off" Le Creuset. Roasted Vegetables will be the main staple in my house for the coming weeks.  I LOVE shopping at these places... sometimes you can just find the BEST bargains and get the greatest things.. though it can be hit or miss.

I bought a dozen eggs, the expensive Free Range "Vegetarian" Brown Eggs in the fancy clear plastic packaging.  Their sale by date was July 26th!  Figured they have to be pretty fresh..coming from a grocery store and having over a month to go!!!  I took them home, tossed up a salad, hard boiled the eggs ...peeled them up, started to slice them in my salad, and come to find out - yep they were fresh but also fertilized! The WHOLE ENTIRE CARTON!  I'm off eggs for awhile! (It doesn't help that my grown son acted like a teenage boy, laughing and squeezing the eggs with the stuff and putting it in my face to watch me turn green)

This weekend is all about ME....  I will be getting out and shopping for bargains and just being out... unless the weather turns sour, I plan to be out and about and among the world... not on the computer, not in front of the tv, but out... regardless of whether it is 100 degrees and feels like a giant sauna...

Happy TGIF!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.