Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Farmers Markets

This past Saturday I decided to go to the Farmers Market near our downtown.  I walked away with spending $13.00 for 3 full bags of zucchini, yellow squash, eggplant, bell peppers, and tomatoes.

I took out the new bright red roasting pan and filled it with veggies and roasted them - served them over Whole Foods Organic Brown Rice mixed with Quinoa, Almonds, and Dried Cranberries...

Cubed:
2 Small Eggplants
2 Zucchini
2 Yellow Squash
1 Sweet Yellow Onion
1 Green Bell Pepper
2 Large Beefsteak Tomatoes
1/2 a cup of chopped pitted Kalamata Olives

Tossed them all with Olive Oil, Tuscan Seasoning Mix, Ground Black Pepper, and Garlic Powder

Roasted them till the eggplant was soft and things were browning (would stir things up every 15 minutes to cook evenly)

400 degrees/1 hour

Served it over the rice/quinoa mix and was a real hit with my son.... one bowl and you are full and satisfied...

As of this weekend... I'm down 12.6 pounds!  13 more days to lose 6.5 lbs and I'll have hit my first mini goal....  I don't see why I won't make it... I've been walking more, eating salads and lots of veggies with some whole grains... basically being HEALTHY!!!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Awesome Sabrina!
    I'm pulling for you!
    Enjoy your week...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a wonderful week too Linda - Thanks!!!!! :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.