Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My Rambling Thoughts for Today....

I watched "Queen of Play" last night with Kevin Kline and Sandrine Bonnaire, a movie filmed in Corsica.  I had been waiting for this movie to come out in rental, as it never did play in the theaters near me.  


The dialogue- simple, the setting - simple, the characters - simple, the story - simple, and to me it made for the most beautiful and heart-warming film!  I now want to move to Corsica!!!!  I want Madame Bonnaire's "chicness"... and of course, I'd love to share Mr. Kline's character's Maison with either Mr. Kline or a look-a-like!  I kid not - I find him extremely attractive in his messy, rag tag, bearded -wild haired look!!! (He was my crush after seeing "French Kiss")






It's funny how 10 years ago, the thought of going to France petrified me.  I was worried about how I'd have to dress, speak, act, where would I stay, how rude would the citizens be, etc.  I told my parents my fear when they were suggesting I should go with the kid on my next big vacation (those many years ago).  My dad said "There are jerks no matter where you go, what better are they than anyone else, to let that be something to keep you from going?"... I went... I fell in love... Paris was amazing, but even more amazing the second time when I hired a private tour guide and customized the tour to fit what we wanted to see and do in such a short time - - - it was amazing!  But, that was just Paris.  (I can count the rude people of Paris on one hand - a police woman, a waiter, and the woman behind a counter in a patisserie).. and why do a lot of Europeans feel it is okay to "stare"?  My German friend said "Sabrina, they are staring at your beauty!" - that doesn't help!  He's "German" and has a crush on me.


Then when driving around Belgium, towards Luxembourg, the kid and I got sidetracked many times, and ended up crossing the border into France a few times... 




Nobody was rude, some of the little villages with the stone/brick homes decorated with overflowing, colorful flower boxes, was enchanting!!  Even if I could not speak to the locals, a smile was our universal language.. 


As my mind wanders:


I think the reason I love Belgium so much - it's got a little bit of Dutch, a (very) little bit of German, and a little bit of French...all mixed up - and all their best qualities into one small package.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.