Tuesday, August 30, 2011

‎"You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes." — A.A. Milne (Winnie-the-Pooh)


I was home doing house chores, stripping the bed, and this wild furry thing is trying to attack me, this is him waiting to get me from the foot of my bed.  I chased him back and forth through the house, laughing at the top of my lungs over how silly he was and how much of a nutter he makes me!!!

After dealing with the "Meanies &Uglies" at the office all day, I come home to the Habibi... the ever-so-charming and terrorizing ball of fluff.


Saturday morning ... my very energetic, crazy friend, Troy, had me up early and at the gym for Body Sculpting class and Spinning class.  Let's just say, Monday morning when I got to work, I could not lift my arms... they were so sore.  Now it's Tuesday, the soreness is gone, and there's the email from Troy, "Hey chickarica!  Are we going to the gym tonight?"... My gym bag is packed and in the car... going to be sore tomorrow!!!!

I fell off the Non-Carbohydrate Wagon...  I admitted it to a friend, and she said "What did you eat?"... I replied, "Some Multigrain Pita Chips with seafood salad"... Her reaction was "Oh YUCH, I thought you bought a dozen Krispy Kreme Donuts and I could come over and share!!!"   Yeah, that's the support I get from my best friend!!!


How I used to believe in Romance!!!!  I am SO JADED!!!!!  When I was just around 30 yrs. old, and working at a prestigious local law firm with another friend of mine... she scoffed at me for the romance novels I would read on break.  She said they'd make me believe that all that "romance" was real and that I would be disappointed.  That the only way I'd have a lasting relationship would be to not have such high expectations of that Prince Charming whisking me away on his trusty steed and living HAPPILY EVER FOREVER.

Nowadays, I don't really believe that there's no such thing as romance, I just don't believe I have the tools to pick Prince Charming out of the loads of frogs floating in the pond outside... and so I'm wary...untrusting... and SINGLE.

I have got to get out more often...  This weekend I was watching television and just started thinking, hmmm, I wonder how Hans is?  He had sent me a short email saying he was moving, and then nothing...and that was months ago.  I was just falling asleep, and the phone rings, it's Hans... saying that on Sunday he had gone to the Whole Foods by my house and thought "I need to give Sabrina a call..."  He called - he told me about having to move, the neighborhood he moved to, and that when he had some money he'd like to take me out again... {{yah yah yah}}

Another guy who has lead me to believe he likes me a lot, and I've gone out with "ONCE"... writes me a message that we need to go out and do something sometime... I tell him, Call me... never hear from him... only messages on Facebook ... {{he's recently divorced with 2 young children, 2 college kids and living with his parents}}

My ex-boyfriend I really fell for, that broke my heart, and I should be thinking "Good Riddance" has been slowly instant messaging me more and more each week.  Seems when he's bored at work, I'm entertainment... I don't get enthusiastic, but I can find myself getting "hopeful"... and then I back off... way off... {{he is too far away and obviously not that 'into' me}}

So... I am going to make sure to tell my friends - - - bring on the party invitations, I want to get out ... I'm never going to meet someone interesting by working, sitting at home with Habibi, and so far, Mafia Wars hasn't proved to be too forthcoming of a date - unless I want to travel far, far away - the interesting ones all live in Germany or Denmark - even a few in Sweden that sound quite fun.... I do believe it is time to realize I have to find someone in my own backyard - and stop looking for the unavailable and unreachable...

Who knows... maybe I'll meet someone at the gym!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.