Wednesday, February 9, 2011

“May flowers always line your path, and sunshine light your day…” Irish Blessing

This morning I could not help but be in a good mood, the sun was out in full force!  We have had one rainy day after another for what seems like forever... gloom and doom.  It's amazing how a blue sky, crisp cool air, and bright rays of sunshine can make life seem just "Grand"!  Even Habibi seemed quite energetic and happy this morning, chasing his imaginary friend all over the house, even seemingly chatting with an imaginary friend.  When I left my home, and walked past the lake there was an incredibly beautiful Heron sitting on the grassy banks... even outside my office window the pond is full of Canadian geese and ducks, and the water is glittering in the sunshine... can't help but smile and appreciate the beauty.

And, while sitting here in my little sunshine world, my mind wanders to: Can you believe the vandals who have caused damage to some of the Egyptian Museum/Gardens and including a few of its incredible artifacts and treasures? It is so sad... these acts of destruction, mayhem and violence against a Museum are not in the name of freedom, politics, but pure ignorance... just my uneducated and simple opinion. That Museum brings money to Egypt in so many ways, how many tourist dollars provide a livelihood to Egyptian families, and what gain is there if they had completely destroyed it, totally burned it down?  NOTHING... Just want to smack the idiots in the head - like their MOTHERS should have done a LONG TIME AGO! (Meanwhile I can understand why Egyptians would like to vote someone new into office, and they deserve that right and freedom, but on another note, they also deserve to have "Liberty" for "ALL" - and I don't believe the "Brotherhood" is going to agree to that either... I might be more compassionate if it was "Brotherhood and Sisterhood")

But, must move back to the sunshine ... This afternoon was spent laughing over a huge bowl of salad and large glasses of Iced Tea with friends ... a short trip to Starbucks... as much absorption of natural rays of light and fresh air!  It was a very pleasant break from the monotony of my job.  We were talking about a few different stand up comedy specials we had seen lately... and that reminds me of Dane Cook, I LOVE Dane Cook, his sick sense of humor does me in... plus I think he's quite "attractive" too!!!

So... to wander off into some of my own personal history ... about 15 yrs. ago, I was walking across the street to my office, I had my lunch bag, my purse, I was dressed to kill in my pretty grey wool pencil skirt, blouse, and high heeled Mary Janes that were in that year, when a pick up truck is coming at me  - I put my hands out as I realized there was nothing I could do - he was going to hit me, and I flew into the air, acrobatics like an Olympic Gymnast that "didn't" get the Gold, all my belongings flying everywhere, the guy got out of the truck and rushed over to help me, and I went "bonkers" - I was so embarrassed, so humiliated, in front of rush hour, downtown traffic I had just performed the worst Double Flip, Aerial Handspring  in history... I told the guy to get away from me or I'd KILL HIM... I was serious... I was delirious.... another guy, a construction worker, stopped, grabbed me up off the street, all my belongings, and carried me to his car, where we waited for the ambulance.... cut it a little shorter, I had some bad bruising - I am made of rubber!!

BUT, to end my post, here's part of the Dane Cook joke that reminds me of that accident:

"...I did try to help this man. As the car was coming towards him, I reached out and I said "EEUUUUUHH!" "EEUUUUUUHH," that's all I could think of to say. There are so many things now in retrospect that I would have loved to have been, like "YOU'RE ABOUT TO GET STRUCK BY A VEHICLE!" I did not have time to say, "You're about to get struck by a vehicle." So I went with "EEUUUUHH," which is like a concerned moan.
That guy gets tagged. Okay, the greatest part of the story: he's in the air, flipping around, and this is how he lands -- on the other side of the car. He comes down perfectly on his feet! Then he jumps in the air and he starts walking around embarrassed. He's trying to play it off like he just didn't get hit by a car! People around him are like, "OH MY GOD, ARE YOU ALRIGHT?! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?! ARE YOU OKAY?!" and he's like, "I'm fine, I'm fine. Serious, I'm fine. I'm a little bit hungry, but uhhh, other than that I'm..." "NO YOU SHOULD REALLY SIT DOWN, YOU'RE BLEEDING FROM THE EARS!" "I know, I know that. I do that. Every couple of weeks I empty the blood out of my own head. It's... tradition in my family. Has anyone seen my shoes? I kicked them off in a fit of joy. I love getting struck by vehicles and sometimes I'll kick my shoes off in a fit of joy. I'm fine. I'm just gonna go over here and puke shards of my own pelvis into this bush."


2 comments:

  1. Damn! I am glad that accident wasn't more serious....

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Yes, me too... do you know that a few years later when I started the job I have now one of the girls said she recognized me - oh... you are the girl that got hit by that pick up truck...blah blah blah... she was in one of the cars sitting at the light that watched the whole thing - photographic memory or the sight of it all happening burned into her memory in shock/horror - LOL... it haunts me now... though I can finally cross streets with a bit more bravado than I used to - it's been so long ago...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.