Thursday, February 17, 2011

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. ~Thomas Jefferson

I have been doing nothing but work, work, and more work...making Sabrina a dull girl.  I am happy about one thing ~ I've lost over 6 pounds in the past few weeks just from not having time to sit around and do nothing.  I've pushed myself out the door to go grab a quick bite, I made myself go to the grocery store last night (even though I dragged my BFF's child with me to have company - because I miss my own Kid), I have made sure the Wii is out and ready to use now and I've had my friends over, including the BFF's kid... Though there have been nights, like Tuesday where I grab a quick bite to eat (or cook up a microwave steamer bag of plain brown rice and saute up Brussell Sprouts, olive oil, garlic, sea salt and ground pepper till they are browning on the outside and mushy on the inside...Oh My, I think I could live off of this forever!!!).

The story about why work is so consuming...

I have been working as a paralegal for this firm for a long, long time; doing the same job - though occasionally they pull me out of the box and I get to do something new... but, it seems the money is in Short Sales at the moment, so I will be part of a Short Sale closing team.  I get the preliminary paperwork in from the Seller or Seller's Realtor and then begin opening the file and going through a check list of what is necessary to get approval from their lender to be able to accept the contract for less than the payoff on the money owed to Lender... it's interesting, more involved than your usual real estate closing, a lot of contact with people outside my office (box)... but while I am taking on the role of this new job, I am also still doing some of my usual paralegal work too... this is causing me to stay late - last night I did not leave the office until 7:30 p.m. - that's over 2 hours of overtime that I do not get paid for - it's 2 hours of insuring job security in my mind - but - since we have a team member that left at 5:00 O'Clock on the dot and don't get in her way as she leaves this place ~ I really should not have to stay late - if the work was evenly distributed or this person was made to actually be a TEAM PLAYER there'd be NO reason for overtime - which happened to be the big discussion in the big meeting regarding these changes.  Oh well, I am trying to look at this as - who cares about that person, their problem, it's noticed, I'm noticed in a positive light, and not to worry about the negative, just keep on trucking and things will iron themselves out - it will be smooth happy sailing - I really enjoy working with my 2 other team members and that's what counts!!!!!

So... off to work I go now!!!!!!!! 

3 comments:

  1. Having a positive attitude does make all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True... and I'm doing my best!!!! Can't guaranty it will last - LOL - but I'm trying!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's bad when people don't pull their weight!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.