Sunday, February 20, 2011

Everybody should believe in something; I believe I'll have another drink. ~Author Unknown

Elderflower Pear Infused Vodka Martini..... Grey Goose La Poire Vodka, St. Germaine Liqueur, Champagne.... that was the drink of the evening at my place... and a couple of Cosmopolitans .... 

Greek salad with deviled eggs; artichoke-spinach dip with pita chips; and some Garlic Herb soft creamy cheese and flat bread pieces were accompanying the cocktails....

The movie:  Get Low with Robert Duvall, Bill Murray, Sissy Spacek ... an Independent film set in 1930s about a recluse, Robert Duvall, who comes into town to the Funeral Home (funeral director, Bill Murray) to set up a Funeral Party for himself because he knows he's dying... but he harbors a secret that is the reason he was a recluse for 40 yrs... It was a beautiful film with all that incredible foliage of Tennessee's countryside/mountains, the actors were wonderful... including Bill... but the end just drove me over the edge and ruined it for me... it didn't follow through... a huge chunk - a big question and then the credits... did I miss a scene or conversation to answer that missing piece, maybe - I did have company, I was eating, and I was drinking a Martini... have to watch it again.

Somewhere around 4 a.m. I woke up to my hips feeling stiff, I don't do well sleeping on my couch - guess I'm getting old.... on one end of the couch was a friend sound asleep with her laptop in her lap...dead to the world, at my head where the couch turns into a chaise lounge, was another friend huddled under a huge comforter snoozing away... the lights on, the television still on the Discovery I.D. channel playing all the detective shows we love to watch and fell asleep watching... I got up and stumbled into my bed... my comfortable bed ... woke up and found myself huddled to one side, the rest of my bed taken up by the laundry basket and stacks of folded laundry I had yet to put away... I never even bothered to move that - I was so tired - I am and always have been a 8-10 hour sleep needed person...  I go to sleep when I am tired and when I should and I wake up with a good disposition.. without this good sleep, I'm cranky, I feel sick and run down... but... I must have gotten a good night's sleep - as I was up and cheerful, made us Lattes and served some fabulous Chocolate Roulade pastries ....divine....

Earlier yesterday I was having coffee with one of my closest of friends, then off to do shopping - she got to play with a guy at Sephora by asking him to give her "smoky" eyes... he did a phenomenal job of a "daytime" smoky look, I hope she practices and gets that style down because it was very flattering... I bought some make up, then off to some more girly shopping and walking off with lingerie... and then to what my friend calls the "Candy Store" - Total Wine.  That's where we were able to find the St. Germaine Liqueur ... busy day....

Because then we stopped and picked up some wraps from Pollo Tropical and went and shared them with another darling friend of mine .... sat and chatted for a bit... then on to home to get prepared for my Pajama Party....

Life is good... weekends and fun .... making up for the crappy week and nonsense with work... all that is behind now and we'll see tomorrow what the new week brings - I am thinking it will be more for the positive...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.