Monday, April 15, 2013

Spring-Summer is Here

It's in the 80s, afternoon showers, muggy, humid, ughhhh... while I hear and read about the crazy Spring Snow Storms and the cooler weather in the rest of the USA, I'm stuck here in HADES!  So, instead of whining, I went out and I bought the most beautiful Geraniums (I never kill them, so they are the perfect choice for me) and some Gerber Daisies.  They are all nice and snug in their new soil/pots on my terrace - my next step, to get a new gas tank for the grill - time to start grilling out at night - before the 100 degree weather hits.  Sadly, with the afternoon/evening storms, I haven't had a chance to get in the pool - hopefully there will be a perfect night this week to go do some laps and float around and stare at the stars!

Habibi's now suffering an ear/skin infection from getting water in his ear when he insists that he must drink out of the faucet - running water only.  Sadly, right now he's just sitting there staring at the faucet in the kitchen sink; willing it to come on, waiting for just one little drop... ignoring that clean, fresh bowl of water that is out for him and his sister, Noomi.  I fear he'll figure out how to turn it on - the longer and harder he stares at it - those cogs are turning - he's diabolical, dastardly, and if he's desperate enough for running tap water, he'll find a way to turn it on...

Noomi, she's quickly on her way to weighing in at a nice plump 17 lbs right now - at the age of 1 yrs ... SHE IS FAT!!!!!!!  The doctor said she's very healthy, just a bit plump.  I don't over feed her, she doesn't get treats, and she eats low fat, no filler food - like Habibi.  He's thin, she's fat.  They run around and play all the time - so there's no lack of exercise.  There's nothing wrong with her - I guess she's predisposed to being a plump tabby.

The kid is going to school at night now and working full time.  I am so relieved that he finally has found a good job - though there are some new growing pains - it's interfering with some plans he had to go to an arena football game.  I just said, Welcome to the World of Grown Ups, we can't always go out and have a good time because we want to - but have to either stay home or be at work - for many "mature and adult" reasons, like financial or responsibilities that come first.  Oh well.... My electric bill has been cut in HALF since he started working - and that's the way it's going to stay!!!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.