Tuesday, October 25, 2011

We "Mos Def'nitely" Love Amsterdam.....

Theater Tuschinski, Amsterdam


I’ve been watching the new season of Dexter, and when I first saw Mos Def was playing in it, I immediately texted the Kid and told him; and of course he said he “had” to see it… and … I know that the mention of Mos Def reacts the same on the kid, as it does on me… why? 



On one of my visits to Amsterdam with the Kid….

We were sitting in our "assigned" seats at the Tuschinski theater (using the tickets that Chris {my dear Dutch friend I love so MUCH} got us with his press pass), and this guy sat down next to the Kid... I would glance over at the Kid and see the guy next to him and think he's "familiar"... and throughout the movie they'd laugh, giggle, joke and then high fived or shook hands, something or other - the guy was alone... and we walked out of the theater and I said, simultaneously with the Kid, “OH MY GOD, that was Mos Def!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” When we looked for him in the exiting crowd, he was gone.....  

Now every time I see Mos Def – of all the millions of people in the world - I am reminded of the fun we had on that trip, the incredible art deco movie theater, the fun day we had when we rode around the tram system with Chris to flea markets and some touristy sites, the nice little lunch for hot soup and tea in the Flower market... we had a wonderful time!!!!!  And, who'd have “thunk it,” Mos Def was all a part of it! 



The poster from his show at the Melkweg.  We did not see the show there... but we did see another artists' show at the Melkweg - quite an experience!!!!  AND, of course, the tickets were a gift from our beloved Chris!!!


A quote from Mos Def, and could it be from this visit to Amsterdam:  "And remember don't high post when you're far from home, and high posting when you're all alone." ~ Mos Def

2 comments:

  1. Love this !
    We are watching Dexter and were laughing to see him in it .. You need to start your Back to Amsterdam fund .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am actually getting ready to make a proposal/bid for a part time (maybe just temporary) second job to support my need for travel. I am not sure if it will be shot down immediately, but I am going to give it my everything!!! Worst thing - is the answer "No"... but keep your fingers crossed - I might be bringing in the bucks and posting about my NEW travels!!!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.