Thursday, October 27, 2011

“The things that make me different are the things that make me.” ― A.A. Milne

The things that come to mind that make me smile, bring happy memories, fun filled times, and love and joy ... with a photo or a thought ... of such things, and I feel peace ...


Being silly with hats in Mexico Exhibit at EPCOT with the Kid...
Laughter that brings tears to your eyes and chokes you all up.....
Being a Mother... the proud mother to the Kid... infinitely and indescribable motherly love....
Traveling with the Kid to NYC, Amsterdam, London, Frankfurt, Brussels, Paris... you name it...
Seeing another generation of strange humor and ability of turning that smile upside down....
The joy of friendship... even friends in low places... like in this very dark and blurry picture at a club where we were showing off our intelligence in a Trivia Contest...
The warmth, the comfort, the delicious taste, of a good Latte...not to mention the bit of energy it gives to keep you going...


The treasure trove of sweetness found throughout my travels of Europe ... Schneeballen in Germany... I don't dream of sugarplums - I dream of Schneeballen and Belgian Chocolate....
Walks on a cool winter day on the beach... and the birds... they are a funny lot.
Driving through the countryside in South Germany and looking to your right and looking to your left and this is all you see... Sunflowers as far as the eye can see... breathtaking and glorious... natural beauty ....


The Blue Ridge Mountains  just an hour or so North of my birthplace... so beautiful.... and serene....
Cucumber roll with Wasabi and Soy Sauce ~ I could live off of this if the soy sauce didn't make me puff up like the Stay-Puff Marshmallow Girl... the first time I had sushi was with my parents when we were waiting to see Oklahoma on my 13th birthday!!!!
The little secret lanes and streets you find when exploring Paris (Marais)... I could SO live in one of these little apartments ... so much history, so French, and even has a little memorial garden for a family that was lost during WWII, a lovely place to sit and listen to the birds...


Autumn foliage and surprise little parks with historic covered bridges in South Carolina...


The flower market in Amsterdam... if I lived in Amsterdam, my home would always boast a beautiful bouquet to cheer the spirit!!!!
The Music Museum in Brussels, Belgium, is my favorite of all, situated in this Art Deco building, it houses the most incredible collection of instruments and you get to walk around with headphones... listening to each instrument... I have spent hours and hours in this museum, it is never boring, along with it has a rooftop cafe!!!
And, we cannot forget that not only take out Chinese is scrumptious, but a Habibi in the bag is hillarious!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.