Tuesday, October 18, 2011

" Life has been some combination of fairy-tale coincidence and joie de vivre and shocks of beauty together with some hurtful self-questioning." ~Syliva Plath

Poor Sylvia Plath - she had such talent, but ...a sad life, sad ending...

I have my moments of sadness, self-pity, but they never last long - for some reason, I have always been able to find "Joie de Vivre" in a simple view of my surroundings, a conversation with friends or family, an email, a walk outside where I will see a beautiful bird, or to see the little family of turtles that live in the lake behind my condo - they sunbathe on a huge log that goes out over the water - sitting all in a row, about 5 of them in different sizes, with their little necks stretched out to the sky, how can one not see the Joy of Life in such a sight?

I am having certain anxiety issues for my son, who is having difficulties in college and dealing with homesickness. I want to scoop him up as though he were my little boy and protect him and make everything "right"... but he's turning 21 yrs. old and needs to learn about making right choices... I'll always be here for him... but at the moment, I am hoping and praying he can get through this rough spot with his schooling without my interference; he always has my support and love!

So dealing with anxiety, and needing to go to a "happy place" - last night I had the perfect evening!  I curled up on the bed in comfy pajamas, turned on the new Masterpiece Mystery, Case Histories with the ever so sexy and good looking Jason Isaacs (with his normal hair color, not that blonde mess he had in Harry Potter),  and Habibi, with his new Lion Hairdo, curled up with me - and while I watched my show, I just sat and played with the tip of his Lion's Tail - the fur is cut to look just like one and it is so soft and silky - my cat and I in a comfortable haven, a simple world of our own... he's definitely a Therapy Cat!!!  He makes me laugh and smile with his funny squished (but you have to tell him, very handsome) face, and he soothes my anxiety or sadness with his purrs and presence... If I ever do meet someone again and have a serious relationship, I cannot imagine the "issues" Habibi and I will go through at first!  Habibi has issues with jealousy when the Kid is home for break from school... he does not like to share me, honestly, they both don't like to share me...

I am over the Bronchitis and have control over my asthma - finally.  With a squirt squirt of expensive nasal spray medicine, puff puff of another very expensive inhaler, and then a swallow of an outrageously overpriced pill for my acid reflux issue, I am feeling 100% better!!!!!  BUT, I have to stay away from places that are "smoky" or where the air quality is not "good" for the moment, so as to not trigger a relapse.  Right now we are in the midst of a tropical depression dumping rain on us - and to last for several days, possibly a week, per forecasters... so the air should be cleaned of most pollutants...other than mold - that's a killer here...but I can deal with that with a pop of Zyrtec... I am still a walking pharmacy, but at least I function!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better. I so understand your anxiety issue for your boy but we can't keep them under our wings for the rest of our lives, can we? ... I wish we could.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could too!!!!!!!! They grow up way too fast!!! When I look at him today, all I see is that little sparkly blue eyed elf child with the wild imagination and cannot help but want to "mother" him... :) I try hard to remember he's a grown man that now towers over me...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.