Thursday, March 10, 2011

RANTING & RAGING….

An attorney practices law, his paralegal assists him with preparing docs, research, etc., a legal secretary types and schedules and coordinates, and clerks – well they do whatever filing, etc.  So, that’s the normal cycle of things… but lately with the huge foreclosure boom, all these shysters coming out of the wood work, I see more and more secretaries and clerks practicing law and the harm it causes the innocent who is not knowledgeable enough to know the “wrong” that has been done to them… these attorneys are just signatories – they don’t know one case from another – but their secretary who is practicing law does – she will give out advice, answer why something was done a certain way, and be ever so above the law to give advice!  AND what happens when they get caught?  Nothing, the attorney with a sulky attitude will back paddle, cancel whatever it was that was done incorrectly and continue on with treating the next innocent with the same bad practices – thievery!   My rant isn’t about the plaintiff or the defendant owing or not owing … I’m talking about following the RULES… My experience with working in the field of criminal law, our legal system works (nothing is perfect); we are presumed innocent and the prosecutor has to prove you’re guilty… rules are followed by the book… in Civil, someone’s livelihood, such as their home, can be ripped out from beneath them, regardless of whether or not they owe or don’t owe, because some clueless, ignorant secretary decided to practice law – her employer, the attorney, deciding it was okay to be a “robo-signer” and seemingly knowing that the Bar isn’t going to do anything about it – because they won’t… if they did, this would not be happening. 
I want to be a whistle blower, an advocate, I want these shysters behind bars… I want their secretaries locked up, their homes taken from them, and I want these illegal practices of law to STOP… day in and day out… how many of these attorneys I have made enemies of by just being quite blatantly truthful about the fact that they KNOW NOTHING about the case I am calling about – and how they always have to go and ask some clerk about the document “they, the attorney” signed before answering my question, and then they never call back, never write back, and eventually it gets to where I have to go above their heads and get the firm’s head attorney to get them to call me – oh… the best was when an attorney wrote an email to his assistants– I was copied for some reason – that they were never to patch my calls through to him again… funny thing, I never spoke to him in my life – I only wrote his boss and complained that he was refusing to respond to our correspondence or messages left with the secretary.  That is the kind of immature crap I deal with when it comes to these Foreclosure Mills.  They are right out of law school, no experience, and for some reason think they are Godly, invincible, what are they 4 year olds pretending to be Superman?…. the truth is – they are ignorant buffoons.  Maybe the secretaries do know more than they do – but that means the attorney’s knowledge of the law is that of a monkey’s.

5 comments:

  1. Generally, I am afraid of Lawyers. To me, it's not about justice. It's about who has the better argument.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh ... I know attorneys are people too but working in the field of Law, there are so many who seem to lose something ... human .
    Then again, there are always crooks and thieves in every walk of life, you are just meeting more than your fair share.
    I hope your weekend is stress free .. besitos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes - thieves and crooks in every walk of life :) I've met some wonderful people who happened to be attorneys, and I've met many (worked for a few) who provide evidence for the jokes and bad wrap... but these Foreclosure Mill Attorneys have NO ETHICS!!! They are not governed as they should be... if they were - - - a lot of the foreclosure mess and new class action suits against them and Lenders wouldn't be sprouting up everywhere/every minute... I truly believe one of the heads of the Florida Bar MUST be affiliated, have some personal involvement, or they have some $$ coming to them to be able to turn a blind eye on the Foreclosure Mills' actions....

    ReplyDelete
  4. sb - love the term "frickin"... !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.