Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Winter Wonderland - Thanksgiving Vacation with Family

It was lovely and warm when we arrived in New England... Upstate New York/Massachusetts border... welcomed by Mom.... and then Brother, Sis-in-Law, and Baby arrived the next day... and we woke up the day before Thanksgiving with flurries, and my Brother swearing we were in for some real snow... We went and visited Martin Van Buren's home but I did not have clothes/boots to travel in the snow to go up to it... so I was only able to see just the outside of it through the trees.....





We had a nice time visiting, but the time flew by and we were back to driving home..... 

Now we are back in Florida where the sun is shining... it's not that warm at the moment (highs 65 - lows 40)... but it's beautiful - my favorite time of year and what keeps me here in Florida - the incredible and wonderful winter weather!  No Shoveling.....

6 comments:

  1. I would be very happy being in the "not that warm" place where you live instead of here where it is snowing like crazy. But it is very beautiful.
    But cold. Brrr. how long til summer ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was MUGGY and 70 degrees when I left the house for work this morning... it's soooo icky and Mother Nature just can't get her mind made up... tomorrow morning is predicted to be 40 something... thank goodness!!!! :)

      Delete
  2. The weather where I am in San Antonio is nice and all, but I do miss the Northeast. I grew up in Jersey with a 9 year stint in New England. Yeah, the snow can be a pain in the ass at times, but so can broken Air Conditioners in 99 degree heat. You take the good with the bad I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or how about in the Fall time when its hurricane season - the power goes out leaving us in a puddle of sweat, stickiness, bugginess, and no A/C - while the rest of the world experiences cooling climates and autumn colors! LOL I can relate - so relate - especially having grown up in Jersey too... it is beautiful up there!!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.