Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas.....

My son is going to his father's for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day...I believe the last time he was not with me on Christmas Eve and Morning was when he was 5 years old and he flew out to Arkansas with his father to spend it out there with his father's family - and came home with an arm in a cast.  Hopefully he and his father will stay away from trampolines this Christmas.

I will be spending Christmas Eve making my "Christmas" Banana Walnut Stuffed French Toast for tomorrow's "Adopted" Family Christmas Breakfast Gathering.  When I went out to my car this morning to leave for work, I found two loaves of French Bread hanging on my car door... I'd have to say that someone (my BFF) is definitely looking forward to my breakfast contribution!!!  The knowing I'm going to make something everyone will enjoy, as well as, be with a group of crazy, fun people and lots of screaming children (OY VEY) on Christmas morning, will hopefully bring in the Christmas Spirit ... because I kind of seriously lost it the day before yesterday.  

The best gift I could get for Christmas right now is pictures texted to me on Christmas morning from my brother of my nephew opening the boxes that contain my gifts to him and his amazement and joy!!!  That would make the world right for me....

So... what is my "Christmas" Banana Walnut Stuffed French Toast, you ask?

A Buttered Casserole Dish
Day Old French Bread cut in cubes 
3 Ripe Bananas sliced/diced and tossed around on the bread cubes
Topped with a custard made of:
8 Eggs
1 cup Half n Half
1/2 cup of milk
cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla

Then drizzle Real Maple Syrup over that....

Then, a crumble like topping made of:
Brown Sugar, Vanilla, 1/2 Cup of Chopped Walnuts, and butter to make a crumble
that you dollop here and there

Cover the casserole dish with tin foil - put in fridge overnight - when you wake up - you pop it in the oven at 375 - and cook for an hour, or until you pass the clean knife test.... if it starts to brown too much when cooking, you cover it with tin foil... when it is done... cut it in squares and serve - it's really a bread pudding... but some people really have an aversion to the name "Bread Pudding" - so if you call it stuffed french toast - they all eat it....

It's way too rich to eat a lot of.... just a tiny little square will do....



2 comments:

  1. Here is hoping that your Christmas was spectacular...and that you had a few laughs. Yes, I am back...and I hope that this is OK with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually did have a terrific Christmas - and I hope your's was wonderful!!!!! Have a fantastic New Year!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.