Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Heat Wave....

Well if I have not lost as much as I wanted to - after the next few days of sweating, I should meet my goal!!! We are under heat advisories and warnings - stay in the A/C ... check on your neighbors and elderly loved ones... Winter cannot get here fast enough!!!!

I have lost almost 30 lbs in the past three months.  I'm very proud of myself, ... still got a long road ahead....

New favorite meal:

Whole Wheat Pita Pizzas

A little olive oil brushed on the bread
Thinly Sliced Tomatoes
Thinly Sliced Red Onion
Chopped Roasted Garlic Cloves from Fresh Market
Fresh chopped Basil leaves
Chopped Kalamata Olives
Crumbles of Feta Cheese
Mozzarella Pearls

Baked at 375 for about 15-20 minutes till all is melted and bubbly...

Yummy....

I'm thinking of trying a more Middle Eastern one... using Hummus or Baba Ganoush as the base then toast it up with tomatoes, red onions, basil, parsley, garlic, squeeze of lemon juice, olives, and feta... I think it would be amazing.... 

I found the local Middle Eastern bakery in my city and bought up a bunch of pita fresh out of the oven - still warm in the bag - took them home and froze half and we've been eating sandwiches or making pita pizzas for dinners.

2 comments:

  1. 30 lbs eh?
    I am impressed...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda :) I've got to crack down these next two weeks - doctor visit to see how I'm doing... crossing my fingers!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.