Monday, June 18, 2012

Noomi



A month before Easter, my friend who has a gorgeous horse farm had a stray kitty show up – actually it climbed into the window of her daughter’s room and climbed into bed, snuggling and purring … scaring the poor daughter and son-in-law to death because they don’t have any kitties.  They took her to the vet, as the daughter happens to be a veterinary assistant while she’s finishing up college, and found out that it was a Mama-to-be cat.  Easter weekend she had her kittens. 

Zach and I drove out to the horse farm, and visited Mama cat and her 5 babies.  One was Siamese looking with tabby markings, one was black with a milk mustache, and there were the three Tabby girls that looked just like their mother, except two were twins and one was the runt, very delicate and small and a cute little monkey face… We picked “Monkey Face”.  Like a tiny little marmoset….

8 weeks later, my little girl went to be spayed, and was dropped off with me at work… to have and to hold forever, till death do us part… She’s the most beautiful little Tabby girl, loving, snuggling, and sweet.  She’s won our hearts forever. 

Her name is Noomi. 



I was terrified that Habibi would be aggressive and hurt her, but instead….

NOOMI is the aggressor – she jumps on him, bites him, scratches him, hits him, chases him, scares him, bats him away from the food bowl, bats him off my bed when he and I are snoozing together… my giant, 11 + lbs. Persian boy goes running… grumbling.. but running because of a 3 lbs. little terror-mite. 

Occasionally, in the middle of the night she gets scared and come running, crying onto my bed, climbs up on my neck, back, shoulders and purrrrrrrrrrs and licks my face till she falls back to sleep.  I love it… Habibi will sleep on my legs/feet in the winter to stay warm, and once in a blue moon, like the other afternoon, he’ll take a nap with me and snuggle, but it’s rare and few between that he’s that loving.  So, this little Noomi girl is a lovely change, finally, finally, I have a snuggle bug!!!!!!!!!!  I hope she stays that way, always.


5 comments:

  1. I have this need to hold Noomi and give her a kiss.. if Habibi doesn't mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can kiss and cuddle her all you want... and Habibi will probably be thinking PLEASE KEEP HER ... LOL xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, she's so beautiful. We have had our kitties put to sleep. They were both 17 years old, which is a nice age for cats but it's always too soon, isn't it. Zino was having breathing problems and it would have been very cruel to try and keep him alive any longer. He would have suffocated sooner or later. It was a very sad moment but we knew there was no other way. So, we are "pet-less" for the time being and we won't take another kitty as long as we like to travel so much. At least, as much as we can ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Myriam I send my best to you for the loss of your cats. It is very difficult, and I think much more when they are so old because we are so attached... You are very lucky to be getting to travel though - and I agree, it is much easier to travel without having the responsibility of worrying about the pets at home and their care. I am lucky that Zach will take care of the cats or my friend that lives next door. XX

    Noomi is now almost 5 lbs. - still the sweetest little thing in the world - with so much character and I find myself spending hours at a time watching her play - and she and Habibi now will sleep next to each other - she was the best thing for him!!!! He gets so much exercise now!!!!

    Sorry for my delay in writing. For some reason Blogger never sent me the notice that I had comments awaiting... and I am such a bad blogger these days with life taking my attention and all...

    Denis - Thank you!!!! You aren't on my friends list anymore on Facebook!!!!! and so I am happy to see you here!!!!! I have no way to say Hello anymore... :( Hope all is well with you and your family!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.