Thursday, October 31, 2013

A Happy Memory

One Thanksgiving, I did not have my son, he had left for the Midwest to visit relatives on his father's side and so, I hopped on a plane and went home to NYC to be with my parents.  It was the BEST Thanksgiving - I had my parents ALL TO MYSELF, and we ate good and we drank wine and I got to hear all kinds of crazy and wild tales of their youth.  They had great stories, fun stuff, adventurous tales, and great humor!!! Laughing with my parents - fantastic feeling - the warmth, the love, the closeness.... something that must always be cherished...

I will always treasure memories like this one.... it is so important to never forget  ...


6 comments:

  1. Yes, cherish the memories and never forget.
    Wishing you much strength in these difficult days.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mym, it's very rough right now...more so for Mom, of course - she needs all the hugs and love she can get... I just suggested Belgium as a new adventure to Mom!!!! I told her I'd gladly sell everything I own and pack my bags and leave today if she wanted to!!!! She would LOVE it there!!!!! xox

      Delete
  2. Make sure to let me know in case your plans ever come to reality. And, please, give her my love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would be the first to know if we could make it over there!!! :) I will give her the message too.

      Delete
  3. I share your grief. My mom passed away last Monday. It was so sudden and unexpected. Now there's only pain and tears, but as time passes by I know my family will share the good moments and the laughter, and cherish the memories. Just wanted to let you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the grief is pretty tremendous... and thank goodness you have a close family, loved ones to help you through this loss... My prayers to you and your family and my deepest sympathies... I am sooooo sorry to hear this news - big hugs!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.