Sunday, June 5, 2011

Where's Smoky the Bear When You Need Him?

http://www.news4jax.com/news/27836034/detail.html

I have been holed up at home in the air conditioned, cleaner/filtered air.  My city is engulfed in smoke.  It was in the 90s today and sun was shining bright but there was nothing but smoke and haze as far as you could see - it was like living in Hades - you feel like everything around you is going to burst into flames - it's so dry, so hot, so miserable... and a bit unnerving.

My son is suffering headaches.  I have suffered asthma attacks, headaches, and sinus problems... and I cannot imagine how others with worse health, serious breathing problems are handling this...

The only reprieve we have had lately from this smoke is when we went to the beach and stayed with friends.  It was gorgeous, clear air, we played in the pool, took walks on the beach, and enjoyed the company.  It was short - but a wonderful break... But on the drive home, as we were up on this high bridge crossing the causeway back to the main land - we could see spots here and there of just wild fires/brush fires... and that was 150 miles South from here - it's not just Northeast Florida - but seemingly most of Florida.

I'm ready to pack my bags and leave for the North Pole....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment... once approved it will be posted.